Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Week Eighteen: 4/29-5/5

In which things get better.

Monday, April 29: Off: tired/planned
- figured this was the best day to take off this week and I was still tired. Damn lack of motivation.

Tuesday, April 30: Run: 2.9 mi in 25:36.28 - 8:49/mi
- RunCO Boston pub run
- still no lungs; speedy legs - running with others helps that
- sub-9!!
- Broke the Tuesday fail workout streak with what is probably one of my fastest times on this course. Ballin.

Wednesday, May 1: Bike: 17.69 mi in 1:00:37; avg cad 82; 17.51 mph
- 49.4 mph max
- Spinervals 29.0 - Dropping the Hammer
- Silly snow means this is what I do. Yay. Still some crotch discomfort, but not horrible. I think it's the wider saddle nose ...

Thursday, May 2: 2 hours yard work
- Parks project
- mulching! shoveling and raking
- Sbux day of community service ~ 2 hours of mulching. Didn't really have much time to do anything else today after lunch and getting some other errands done, but this was some nice physical labor and awesome to do some good in the community.

Friday, May 3: Swim: 800m in 17:31.78 - 2:11/100m
- 8x100m
- felt kinda pukey
- easing back in, fighting my pool rut
- Decided to wait until after dinner to do my second workout because I felt that crappy in the water ... but Brandon came home on a surprise. Which is ultimately good - yay husband's home! - but bad for getting in a second workout. We are not helping each other get in our training right now and that is a huge problem.

Saturday, May 4: Swim: 900m in 20:22.62 - 2:15/100m
- 100m, 200m, 300m, 50m, 150m, 100m
- blueberry muffin burps
- Lift: ~ 4:00
- 2,1/10/60, 50 low rows; 2/10 back extensions
- ~ 8:00 basketball
- it was tempting
- Decent swim. Started feeling like my mojo was coming back by the end. Didn't lift as much as I'd hoped, but had fun shooting hoops for a few minutes.

Sunday, May 5: Run: 3.95 mi in 37:16.08 - 9:25/mi
- amended out-and-back
- cold lungs; legs felt only running twice this week
Bike: 7.36 mi in 27:31; 89 avg cad; 16.05 mph
- 26.6 mph max
- pedaling in front of the TV
- Decent Sunday. Salvaged this week okay. Hopefully jumpstarted myself back into good things.

Friday's note is the big discovery this week. Often times, I'll get in a workout in the afternoon, Brandon will come home from work and because he's exhausted, I hang out with him instead of getting in my second planned workout. Sometimes, he'll decide to bag his workout on these days and I let him. This is truly unacceptable, unless we are well and truly fatigued. I should just tell him, okay, you're tired, that's fine; I'm still hopping on the trainer/going for a run/heading to the gym ... and he needs to say yes you do/I'm joining you/go for a workout.

Sometimes this battle is all about the little shifts we make in our day-to-day lives ...

Weekly training time: 5:20:55
Weekly training mileage: 32.96 mi
Yearly training time: 60:44:23
Yearly training mileage: 431.31 mi

1 comment: