Monday, October 11, 2010

Regarding Yesterday

This was something I wanted to post last night, but I was just way too tired to do so. So ... you get it now.

I didn't want to run.

I was tired. I was up for around 21 hours the day before and up early again that day. Two full days of work combined with improper nutrition.

I didn't want to run.

I was stressed out. My car died coming back from lunch at work (ed. note: only a dead battery!) and my day just got longer as a result. I was running out of light and time if I wanted to eat a decent meal as well.

I didn't want to run.

It was cold and rainy and wet. I really just wanted to curl up and sleep. Brandon said with all that had gone on that weekend, he would have been fine if I took the day off and didn't get that run in.

I ran.

I remembered watching the Ironman World Championships the night before. Seeing those athletes, thinking about what they must have done in training to get to that point. Knowing that I'd eventually like to try to make it there myself. Knowing that a little rain shouldn't stop me.

I ran.

I didn't even short myself. I had a 4-5 mile run scheduled and I ran what ended up being 4.43 miles.

I ran.

Last year, I would have taken the day off. I would have chalked it up to being tired, to it being cold, to it being rainy, to being stressed.

I ran.

I couldn't let myself sacrifice my training like that.

I ran, and it put me at just over 16 miles for the week ... my longest week in training yet.

I'm glad I ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment