Sunday, October 3, 2010

Progress Is Progress ...

... even if it's small, right?

Today's scheduled long run was an 8 miler. I'm still in familiar territory here as I had done one in oly training.

That 8 miler, back on July 31st: 8.2 miles in 1:26:39; 10:34.02/mi
Today's run: 8.2 miles in 1:26:27; 10:32.56/mi

I was faster today by a whole 12 seconds, even though I know I walked a lot more.

The funny thing is, I tried to take today easy. I tried to take it slow ... though I knew I wasn't succeeding too well when I hit the 5K point in 30:57. Mile five slowed me down a whole bunch though and I had to stop the watch just after mile six to go wander into a Subway and grab some water since I was cramping some.

Still, I'll take what little bit of progress I can get.

September recap probably coming tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment