Monday, February 1, 2010

One Month Review

Graduation day!

Ok, yesterday was officially graduation day, as we reached the end of January. I don't think I need to tell you that 2010's January went much better than 2009's January. In addition to having a weekly exercise schedule via whiteboard, we've both learned a lot about ourselves. For me, the most important thing I took away from January is my ability far exceeds what I thought it did. I am capable of so much. It's just a matter of breaking down those mental blocks.

Soooo...let's get to the totals, shall we?

- Ran 8 times for a total distance of 22.56 miles. Average pace of 10:46.9 per mile
- Swam 8 times for a total distance of 4.04 miles. Average pace of 36:42.33 per mile
- Stationary biked 3 times for 21.1 miles
- Lifted 3 times
- Treadmill sprinted twice
- Skied once
- Did hot yoga once

Overall, this was a very positive month. I took away a lot of good things from it. My running mileage was very impressive, as was my swimming mileage. I did good with trying out hot yoga and the fact I was able to stationary bike at all is awesome. Things I need to improve on for February and beyond include lifting more. Lifting 3 times in a month is unacceptable. I also want to treadmill sprint a little bit more and really need to get out on my bike.

Ok, so now that we're one month done, let's look now at what's upcoming for February:

- the theme for the month is growth. Time to grow both mentally and physically. This means increasing our distance in both running and swimming, as well as lifting more
- I want to run 8 miles a week, one of the runs being 4+ miles
- I want to swim 1000 meters twice a week or more
- I'd like to do a bike workout twice a week...either stationary or my actual bike. Also, up the times that I am on said equipment
- LIFT MORE!!!!!
- Try to do some more yoga

We had a great January, looking forward to a great February! Happy training, athletes!

No comments:

Post a Comment