Monday, February 1, 2010

January Round-Up

Well, we've hit the end of the first month here at Team Baby Dinosaur (and I still need to make us a logo. oops) so it's time for my month in review!

January didn't start off so well. First couple days were taken off thanks to one hell of a killer workout on December 31st. After that though, I got into a fairly nice groove. Arguably my best week was week three - I had my highest week of run mileage ever (a little over 8!), a couple swims, a tough stationary bike workout ... and probably the least amount of sleep all month.

As a result, it comes as no surprise that this past week, January's last, was spent mostly sleeping. No, seriously. Slept like 14 hours on Monday, a good 10 or 11 on Tuesday and nine on Wednesday. You could say I needed it. It was good to get in a week of tough workouts and long runs ... but it does me no good if I do it on no sleep. Lesson learned, I suppose.

I finally got back on the training wagon on Thursday, going for a cold, shortish (1.86 mi) run, then for a longer run in probably one of the funnest outfits I've ever gone running in. Because really, what's the point of training if you can't have some fun?

Run Happy
Yes, I was a bright eye-sore, but I felt HAPPY and FUN running in this.

Finished the month up with a swim and a stationary bike yesterday and that brings us to our monthly totals:

Running: 23.17 miles
Swimming: 3.98 miles (6400m)
Cycling: 34.2 miles (four sessions on the stationary bike)
Lifting: two official sessions; one unofficial session
Other: one partial day of skiing

All in all, not too bad. That's the most I've ever run in a month and close to the most I've ever swam in a month. Cycling needs to be more. However, it's been too cold for me to want to get on my actual bike (though it's going in for a tune-up later today) and the stationary bike just sucks. However, I do need to get in more lifting as well as some workouts not related to triathlon. Brandon got in a yoga session this month; I'd like to get in more skating/hockey.

In any case, it's been a good, fun starter month and I look forward to what February will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment