Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dedication and Commitment

I realize I post a lot of serious things on this blog...maybe I should be more fun...but lately, I've been in a pretty serious mood.

T and I were talking on Saturday about our last couple years in terms of working out. We checked out our workout history and realized that we didn't do nearly as much as we thought we did. Our running miles were low in 2009. The mileage numbers were ridiculously spiked some weeks and down to almost nothing in other weeks. My swimming was also very inconsistent in terms of mileage put in, as well as my cycling. Looking back on it, it's kind of amazing I was able to slug my way through the triathlon.

That got us to talking about our dedication and commitment to the sport of triathlon as well as our fitness in general. I think while we were committed to the triathlon, our dedication was inconsistent at best.

Personally, I'm determined to make sure that this year, I am not only committed to completing many races this year, I am dedicated to this cause as well. Reading my logs for January, this is becoming quite evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment