Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Thirty-Six

Week Thirty-Six: 9.2-9.8

In which it finally ends.

9.2

I got out for the three mile run I had scheduled today and hooooo boy heavy legs.

I also attempted to get in the pool .. and did 600 of my planned 2k. Really just wasn't feeling it.

9.3

I got in a ride ... it wasn't as long as planned, but I got it in. I also decided to say "screw it" when it came to my swim. This week ended up being all about listening to my body and moving what I could ... but maybe not as much as I *should*.

9.4

I had a run on the schedule ... but our drive out took a bit longer than expected (stupid headwinds) so that didn't end up happening. I barely managed to get my daily workout in.

9.5

I had an open water swim on the schedule that I ended up moving, but I did get a nice little shakeout ride in with Brandon and a former SFQ teammate (who actually lives down in the Springs), Jen.

2019_sepjenbike

9.6

Got in an open water swim in Lake Monona. It went pretty well, all things considered. We also went for a super short mile run (to lunch) to get the legs moving.

9.7

I had another short open water swim and tiny ride on the schedule ... but decided against both of those things and just worried about pre-race prep. And some walking (and my daily).

2019_sepcheckin
Checked in and ready to go!

9.8

Race day. I won't spoil how it went - I'll save that for my race report which will hopefully come out Friday - except for one teensy little teaser - I PRed. 

*****

Well, 36 weeks of training are done ... and this will be the last weekly update you get from me. This week wasn't my best pre-race week ever, but it also wasn't my worst. I had to listen to what my body was saying and not stress over getting in something. And, well, I'm pretty sure it paid off on race day.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 5424.41m, 2:29:47
Bike: 138.12 mi, 9:26:14
Run: 30.26 mi, 6:50:55
Strength: :59

No comments:

Post a Comment