Friday, September 6, 2019

August Round Up

... have I ever been happy with a month? The answer is probably not ... and I'm also not happy with this month. Although I also kind of am at the same time. Read on ...

Swimming: 26300m (16.3 mi)
Cycling: 471.4 mi
Running: 93.53 mi
Strength: 30 sessions (4:38)
Other: one walk (1:04)

From what I had planned ... this month should have been a lot stronger (if you've been following the weekly updates, you'd know this. if not ... well ... fail.).

Swimming has been a struggle since the birthday 10k. We know this. The funny thing is, it would still look like decent swim mileage for me any other Ironman year. This year, however? A disappointment. I'm praying like hell I have enough residual swim fitness leading into Sunday.

It's almost hard to be disappointed with my bike mileage this month as this is definitely the most I've ridden in a month by far (by almost 100 miles if I recall correctly) ... but when I know I should have had closer to around 600 miles? Well, 470 seems disappointing.

The same goes for the run. This is my highest run mileage month ever as well (by about 6 miles) ... and had my neck not spazzed out on me, I should have had my first ever 100 mile month ever. Grumble.

(The other thing about the last two points ... I hit my highest yearly totals in both cycling and running this month. I hit 2000 miles on the bike and 500 miles running for the first time ever on both. So yes, hard to be disappointed, but when you know what you should have done ...)

I missed one strength day thanks to my wonky-ass neck (*rolls eyes*) and I got in my one other workout thanks to a flight delay for B and me having to walk home from a car appointment (since I didn't have the five hours to sit around and wait for them to reflush my damn transmission after failing on it the first time).

All in all, while my August wasn't as large as I would have liked, it was still a decent month and I think prepared me fairly well going into IMoo this weekend.

I hope.

As for September? Well, some numbers will look halfway decent (yay, thanks long-ass race; you're good for something), but I'm also hoping to not lose all of this fitness. A lot less volume for sure, but definitely not as hard.

Also if you don't see a lot more "other" next month ... find me and shake me plzkthx.

No comments:

Post a Comment