Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Ten

Week Ten: 3.4-3.10

Still modifying the daily ... but a lot of that is due to other body issues (barista wrist, my right knee which is starting to act up a bit ...). Life is difficult and I keep adjusting and modifying and moving things around. Which I shouldn't be.

3.4

Had considered a bike on this day, but I also needed to do my treadmill speed set, and I'm thinking that set needs to be the only workout on the day right now. The original goal was to make it all the way through ... but fail. Made it through more than I have yet this year. I think the problem is, I'm trying to do it at paces I was hoping to hit six years ago and I am not the same athlete I was back then ...

3.5

Swim and the bike I had considered doing the day before. The swim was drill day - drills make longer swims go by so much faster - and I descended my 5x300 main set, so yay for that. The bike was another old MX set - over-unders. Went okay; may need to up trainer resistance. Or, since my bike finally got tuned, it was just running smoother. Who knows.

3.6

I had a Bluffs loop run that I tried to do ... but it was way too muddy to do. I was worried about my safety (I don't normally run on super muddy trails so I was totally not prepared in terms of footing or knowing how to run on them). I did, however, do my long swim of 50x50 and I wanted to quit a hundred times during it. Maybe because it was the first time in a long time I've done back to back swims. Who knows. But I didn't quit.

3.7

Long bike day. A bit of crotch soreness (so many miles already ... or body composition is making my bibs fit weird which UGH), but it was kind of fun doing most of my 40 miles to "Rocky IV."

2019_marstp
Plus I finally got a chance to wear my new Stomp the Pedal tank - an old teammate runs her own cycling kit brand and I loved this casual tank she came out with.

3.8

I in theory should have swam today ... but oh hey, it got moved. Instead ... just a four mile run of the easy-harder-easy variety. I kind of wanted to puke through most of it, but whatever.

3.9

The ride was an old Coach Troy video that I did a lot leading up to IMAZ (I swear most rides every week that year were: over-unders, TimeTrialPalooza, long ride) ... but I haven't done in a couple years. B started it with me, but he had some hamstring issues, so quit riding (absolutely the right call). There were parts of me that thought I went out too easy with my gearing, but by the final interval? Nope, paced it properly. I also did the swim I should have done the previous day - added in all out 25s as well as band work for the first time since probably 2017. Hoo boy was that fun.

3.10

Long run day. Had a step back in mileage and only did eight this week. We had a friend in town this weekend (part of the reason I didn't swim Friday was due to the timing of picking him up; was able to do so much Saturday because he was working (came out to work the Sabres/Avs game)) and decided to take him out to breakfast. So, I decided to go run to breakfast ... and kind of killed it. Definitely the fastest long run this year (still used HR for it, but yeah).

*****

Life is still a struggle, but I'm still mostly managing to get things in. I missed my first run this week, but it wasn't for lack of trying. Stupid mud. I kept thinking of ways I could have still gotten in a run, but when "Bluffs loop" is on the schedule and I can't run it due to mud (and that was the only feasible day available that I could have done it) ... well, not much else I can do. I think.

Maybe I've been overdoing it. Maybe I'm priming myself for a breakthrough. Maybe ... I need more sleep.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 6800m, 2:31:58
Bike: 73.66 mi, 4:30:20
Run: 15.48 mi, 2:53:37
Strength: :56

No comments:

Post a Comment