Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Race #4 of the Season: BolderBOULDER 10K

I totally forgot to do a race goals post last Friday ... but come on, for the BolderBOULDER, I don't race it. My goals were as such:

- all the fun
- plus 1:30
- cupcake

I hit every single one. Score. 

Thank jeebus it was a casual race, too, as race morning was a shitshow. We always like to get up to Boulder before the roads close down and ideally wanted to leave the house no later than 5:15am. Yeeeah, we woke up at 5:30am. Out the door five minutes later.

(I think 35 minutes is a new personal record from getting to our house from Boulder and I didn't even really speed. Much. Promise.)

We did manage to get parked at the 29th Street shopping center just fine and got some breakfast at Starbucks. We headed down prior to the first wave to ideally see our friend Nic before she went off, but unfortunately missed her.

I got a text from Katie as we were considering starting in my wave (had to go off in mine since B's wave was earlier and I didn't want to get DQed for starting ahead of my wave) and ended up waiting for them. All in all, it ended up being a crew of 11 (10) of us that started the race.

bb10k
Our usual pre-race selfie ... with Russ photobombing us.

From then on ... it was all the shenanigans. Seriously. Beer and slip 'n' slides and dancing and watermelon and Doritos and Otter Pops and cupcakes and bacon and swings and all the laughs.


bb10k2
Beers after the first slip 'n' slide.

bb10k3
I was totally jealous of Katie and the swing last year so I had to get on it this year.

bb10k4
Saw Skirt buddy Deb so had to get a picture with her! And we're apparently both in the same Free Flow Tank ...

bb10k5
Full-size freeze pops whaaaaaaat?

bb10k6
Hitting up the second slip 'n' slide.

bb10k7
8 out of 10 of the crew. Most with cupcakes. Mmm cupcakes.

All in all ... I have run a few half-marathons faster than I "ran" this BolderBOULDER, but in terms of fun? Totally a new PR.

Final Stats:
Time: 2:15:47.75*
482/496 division (F34)
21918/22953 gender
42995/44757 overall (as best I can tell)

* I rounded up. Also, somehow, despite starting and finishing the same time as the husband, my finishing time is like a minute slower. What sense that makes, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment