Friday, June 1, 2018

May Round-Up

I set some fairly ambitious goals this month and, well ... I kind of got close. Kind of.

Swimming: 11700m (7.27 mi)
Cycling: 110.67 mi
Running: 48.19 mi
Lifting: 11 sessions (3:22)
Other: five hikes (4:50), one session plyometrics (:16), one walk (2:00), two yoga sessions (:32)

I did hit my swim goal of 10000m. I should have surpassed it by a lot more, but I really didn't manage to swim much the last week and a half of May. Oops. It happens, I know, but still. Ugh.

I got halfway to my super ambitious 200 mile cycling goal. I didn't miss too many planned rides. However, when most of my rides are 10ish miles ... a big hairy goal gets a bit tricky. 

I was so so so so sososososo close to hitting my 50 mile run goal and I even could have managed it one of the last two days in May, but we were in Las Vegas for a baby vacation and I really didn't want to stress about running and just wanted to enjoy vacation ... so that's what I did. Besides, if I hadn't have gotten sick (allergies?), I would have hit it no problem, so no point in dwelling on it.

Hiking season has clearly started, which I am super happy about.

June brings a few more races - Skirt Sports 5K this weekend, my first tri of the season later in the month - and hopefully a lot more miles. I'm going to up my swim goal to 15000m (should be easily doable) and try again for the bike (200 mi) and run (50 mi) goals. I was considering upping the run goal, but I was also doing a lot of longer runs in preparation for the BolderBOULDER ... and I'm not sure if I'm going to stay in the 7-8 mile range as a long run. We'll see I suppose ...

No comments:

Post a Comment