Monday, February 23, 2015

Slowly seeing results

Both T and I are working hard in February, which is the hardest month of the year to stay motivated.  As Garfield the Cat said, "February is the Monday of months".  I'm sure my parents won't like hearing that, being that they were both born in February, but it's true.  It's a dreary month, the early motivation of New Years Resolutions wears off, work becomes a grind, etc.  Yet both T and I are pressing away.

I had my aviation medical a couple days ago.  It's an annual physical checking vitals and whatnot.  I hate going in February as I still have my winter Christmas flab around the belly and I'm not working out as regularly.  This year, that's not the case (as much).  I'm shedding the fat and working out quite regularly.  Right now, according to the doctor, my BP was 124/70, my resting heart rate was 58, and I'm down about 8 pounds since the start of the year.  I'll gladly take it right now.  Gladly.

I'm also noticing my work pants are fitting a tad bit looser and that my quads/hammies/calves are becoming much more defined.  Both T and I are eating much healthier.  This month, we cut out fried food, and we cut it out cold.  No fries, no donuts, no Chick Fil A.  It's funny too.  The beginning of February, all I wanted was fries and mozzarella sticks.  Today, on February 23rd, I'm not craving it at all.  Don't get me wrong - I'm looking forward to my first donut on March 1st, but for now, I'm carrying this "no fried" burden quite well!

1 comment:

  1. I never heard that Garfield quote, but like you, February was tough! Funny, I saw the doctor yesterday...and it was all good too! I like your numbers, way to go, Brandon! I just wrote a column about flying which I hadn't done in a while.

    ReplyDelete