Monday, June 2, 2014

May Round-Up

Writing this means that it's June. This year is nearly half over. WTF?

Running: 39.64 mi
Swimming: 6800m (4.2 mi)
Cycling: 51.11 mi
Lifting: four sessions (2:09)
Other: one hike (1:30), one stretching session (:10)

Did I do something not S/B/R related? Yes! I didn't post pictures (but if you're curious, go here), but we hiked around Dinosaur National Monument before the Dino Half.

Am I strength training regularly? Still once a week. 

Am I injury-free? Getting a few twinges here and there, but I can thankfully say yes.

May's goal was speed. I did start to add in some speed work, but unfortunately, it really didn't manifest itself in my racing. I think the toll of constant racing is starting to catch up with me. Luckily, I only have one more race to go (Saturday) and then the rest of June is solely dedicated to training. I am SO EXCITED for this. It also means I need to start upping the mileage fairly consistently, but I should be able to do this as I won't be killing myself in races every weekend.

In general, though, even though the numbers aren't great, May wasn't a bad month. It was a month of a lot of learning and my first ever podium. Seriously? I'll take that.

No comments:

Post a Comment