Friday, November 8, 2013

The Trainer Century - in Photos

As you know from training, I had to do a century ride in training. Since circumstance was that Brandon and I couldn't do it together and that was way too long of a ride to do alone (and unsupported) given my crash history, we both did century rides on the trainer.

We've spent a lot of time on Skippy this year (even had to get new rear tires as a result) and this was the longest single session yet.

I know some of you are probably asking why, oh god why would we do this (and I wondered that myself at times), but I think it worked out for a few reasons:

1.) It was fantastic mental training.
2.) As mentioned before, crash risk is negatory.
3.) It took a lot less time than it would have outside - less time out of my day is a giant perk.

It went well and as you saw in my training log, the run off the bike was very spry and I had tons of energy afterward and felt pretty good the next day.

So, here's the story ... in pictures.

trainer100_1start
The beginning.

trainer100_2food
Food pile. Apple pie Bonk Breaker bars, "crack" (no-bake) cookies, an extra bottle of water and potatoes from the Feed Zone cookbook. I think I screwed something up with them though since they did NOT taste like they were supposed to ...

trainer100_3videos
The videos I chose to watch.

trainer100_4runclothes
Run clothes set up for the transition.

trainer100_5videostart
Tempe ride, ready to go.

trainer100_6mile0
"Let's do this!"

trainer100_7view
Essentially my view for the next few hours. ALSO: new water bottle - Profile Design HC Aero. SO AWESOME.

trainer100_8music
Since Coach Troy during the Tempe ride is a drinking game waiting to happen, I had iTunes blaring as well.

trainer100_9mile25
Mile 25.

trainer100_10konadvd
And we are now doing the Kona DVD. It is ridiculously boring. Sorry Troy.

trainer100_11mile40
Mile 40. I'm getting sweaty.

trainer100_12mile50
Mile 50. This is when it started to get horrible.

trainer100_13food
The dwindling food pile.

trainer100_14mile75
Mile 75. The sweat is driving me insane.

trainer100_15mile90
Mile 90. Yes, that is the look of insanity. It is also the look of me starting to go inside my own head to finish this crazy crap.

trainer100_16view
The view outside. Worst part was, it actually was a nice day out.

trainer100_17endisnear
The end is near, so very, very near.

trainer100_18done
DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment