Wednesday, November 6, 2013

October Round-Up

I have a lot of blogging to catch up on - this round-up, my Rock 'n' Roll Denver Half-Mar recap and my trainer century. But, first things first, let's get this out of the way.

October ended up being a huge month. Read on:

Running: 87.1 mi
Swimming: 29500m (18.33 mi)
Cycling: 326.02 mi
Lifting: you know the answer to this
Other: 3:15 of walking; 13 min of stretching

This was my biggest run month by four miles - surpassing October of 2010 when I was training for my first half-marathon. I should have hit 90 miles, but the knee issues I developed put the kibosh on that. Speaking of which, I think those arose from a combination of running in shoes that had no more cushioning as well as upping my run frequency from three days a week to four or five days a week. Obviously something I can't do in the future and something to take away from this whole experience.

I don't think I even have to look back to know that this was my biggest swim month ever. This month was bigger than some years have been. I really hope the work that I've been putting in this year pays off on race day ...

Also pretty sure this was my biggest cycling month, but I'd have to go back and check. 99% sure it is though ...

November will not be as big. Taper, race day and then TIME OFF, GLORIOUS TIME OFF will mean it's a crappy month. But you know what? I am totally cool with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment