Also week #6 of IM training ... and post-race recovery, apparently.
Monday, August 5: Off: planned
- I raced yesterday. I'm fried to a crisp and I can barely walk. I waddled around work today. I think I'm entitled to this.
Tuesday, August 6: Off: dead
- I have barely eaten, barely slept, can still barely move and my sunburn makes it tricky to do anything except find a comfortable spot on the couch. I think I beat myself up more than I was expecting to Sunday ...
Wednesday, August 7: Off: recovery
- Starting to feel somewhat normal again, we decided that it was possible to maybe try and get something in today, but thought that one more full day of recovery was probably wisest. Plus I'm an aunt now! Woo!
Thursday, August 8: Run: 2.02 mi in 22:24 - 11:05/mi
- down a trail
- lungs feel trashed
- This was us trying to get back on the horse and kind of failing. Legs felt a bit better as the run went on, but still probably couldn't have done the hoped-for 3-4 mi.
Friday, August 9: Bike: 12.87 mi in 53:18; avg cad 72; 14.49 mph
- 27.7 mph max
- CC trail to Iliff and back
- Parts of my brain were really enjoying that ride. Other parts ... not so much. Still a bit sore - lungs definitely - but ultimately, really glad to have gotten back out there.
Saturday, August 10: Run: 4.21 mi in 42:24 - 10:04/mi
- Run CO Saturday run
- legs are coming back! Yay!
- Slowly but surely, my legs are coming back. Now, if my lungs can similarly cooperate, I'll be thrilled.
Sunday, August 11: Swim: 1700m in 39:54.14 - 2:21/100m
- 50m, 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m, 50m
- had moments where I felt good
- Kind of wanted to do more today, but held back - I'll have plenty of time for lots of pain coming up this week.
I think I pushed harder on race day than I thought/meant to ... which meant this was a straight-up recovery week. Oh well ...
Weekly training time: 2:38:00
Weekly training mileage: 20.20 mi
Yearly training time: 150:09:55
Yearly training mileage: 1175.74 mi