Holy crap I forgot about this. This was also week #4 of IM training.
Monday, July 22: Swim: 2400m in 56:33.95 - 2:21/100m
- MX12 - Elevators
- paddles are the devil
- I like swimming at night, but with these long sets, I may have to rethink. Felt a lot slower today than Friday, which makes sense - been a hard couple of days.
Tuesday, July 23: Run: 3.13 mi in 30:42 - 9:48/mi
- Run CO pub run
- felt like poo
- Walked a bit more than I would have liked in the last mile, but this is my easy/"off" day this week, so no worries, right? Napped before this - that, and too much sugar probably why I felt crappy.
Wednesday, July 24: Bike: 21.87 mi in 1:23:15; avg cad 84; 15.76 mph
- 26.2 mph max
- Spinervals 22.0 - TimeTrialPalooza
- sweaty disaster
- Had a swim planned too, but Apple store taking forever and a screwed up lunch kind of killed those plans, unfortunately. I'm going to ignore a lesson I've learned and try to get the swim in on Friday ...
Thursday, July 25: Run: 4.31 mi in 40:35 - 9:25/mi
- MX12 treadmill - beginner
- did not feel good
- third set was the indicator to cut it short
- Haven't done speedwork in much too long and it showed here - had to go back down to the beginner set. A bit frustrating, but now I know I need to work this in more frequently.
Friday, July 26: Swim: 3400m in 1:20:41 - 2:22/100m
- 2x(50m, 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m, 50m)
- ~1:40 total pool time with breaks and stuff
- this was a lot of swimming - mentally hard
Bike: 11.81 mi in 41:08; avg cad 90; 17.23 mph
- 30.6 mph max
- MX12 - over-unders
- legs screamed for about the first 10 minutes
- Score one for me - shifting Wednesday's swim to today worked out awesome! Almost didn't want to get on the trainer, but I told myself I could totally do 40 minutes and I did. Victory!
Saturday, July 27: Run: 10.4 mi in 1:48:52 - 10:28/mi
- Run CO Saturday run
- Scott is speedy; I should not run with him
- died in later miles
- This was hard. Ugh. Stupid 70.3 cramming. Also hoping as my feet get used to longer distances, they'll stop hurting/feeling hot.
Sunday, July 28: Bike: 23.51 mi in 1:25:41; avg cad 80; 16.46 mph
- 31.0 mph max
- aborted 70.3 course pre-ride
- Got about 10 mi in and turned off. Weren't properly attired or prepared. Got completely drenched; was kind of fun ... but a full 56 would have been awful.
Huge week; should have been bigger. Stupid rain.
Weekly training time: 8:47:28
Weekly training mileage: 78.63 mi
Yearly training time: 137:29:41
Yearly training mileage: 1069.28 mi