Monday, January 2, 2012

Plans for 2012. Numerous and Exciting

The other half of TBD has a lot of goals for 2012, and quite frankly, I admire the hell out of her. It's why I am married to her.

As I said in my last post, I'm a human being, and the closing of 2011 was not good. However, I believe I have learned from my mistakes. And I believe that this year will definitely showcase my talent and desire to be a great age grouper in my sport.

Here's a rough outline of some of my goals:

- run a LOT! My running was weak last year. I need to run a lot more.
- Crack 10:00 per mile in the 1/2 Marathon. I plan on running the Denver Rock N Roll 1/2 again. Not only will I avenge my lousy run last year, but I will crack 10:00 per mile at the distance
- speed, speed, speed. This year is the year of speed. While I will still incorporate long distance training, it will not be the primary focus of my year. This year will be fast
- do the 45:00 treadmill sprint often. This workout is one of my favorites
- The 1st of every month, or as close to it as possible, do the Pain Cave Spinerval DVD at home. This will help me evaluate my progress
- Lift a minimum twice a week. Focus on core work every time
- race a lot. I enjoy racing immensely, and plan on doing a lot of them this year
- cook a lot more. Being in our own place with our own kitchen, this should not be a problem
- grow stronger mentally. It's no secret that T is the stronger of the two of us mentally. I need to put myself in situations that make me uncomfortable
- Blog a lot more. I know I say this from time to time, but right now, I want to blog a lot. Ideas, thoughts, articles. This will help me keep my thoughts together, and allow you all to hold me accountable
- keep my training log accurate. Sometimes I let myself slip and don't log my workout immediately after. This can't happen. I have to be accurate, so I can grow
- Keep it simple. I made one resolution this year. It's this. Workouts simple. Eating simple. Financially simple. Keep it simple.

I'm very excited and optimistic for this year, and look forward to having you all being a part of it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment