Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dang Colds

After a fairly solid start to this year ... I've finally apparently caught the death plague that's been going around work (or, you know, a nasty head cold). The last couple mornings I've woken up with some grossness and crappy voice, but it's gone away. Yesterday? Stayed around all day ... with the alternating runny/stuffy nose and the sinus headache.

Yeah.

What's that they say about best laid plans and things shot to hell or whatever?

In any case, I'm going to be smart about this. I'm still hoping to run Saturday with the run group from our favorite running store, but to do that, I'm going to take it easy and take care of myself until then. While it's not entirely in my control, I'm going to do everything possible to make it so I'm not out for two months with sickness like I was last year.

So, soup, hydration and plenty of couch time look to be in my future (along with a little bit of work thrown in) and hopefully I'll be back building up my strength soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment