Monday, January 2, 2012

November/December/Yearly Recap

I'm a human being.

I posted awhile back about owning up to my mistakes, working harder, and stopping the excuses.

That didn't happen.

Why didn't it happen? There's lots of reasons, lots of excuses, but I'm going to just stick with one.

I'm a human being.

Why do I keep saying that, you might ask? It's simple. I'm human. And because I'm human, I'm not perfect. Not anywhere close. That means I make mistakes. That means I'm not invincible. And that means unfortunately, I'm on my knees, begging you, my loyal readers, my friends, and my motivators, for forgiveness.

I'm a human being.

As a human being, I'm prone to mistakes. Humans, since the days of Adam and Eve, make mistakes. Look at Custer. Look at Buckner. Look up Jeff Frazee (gave up a 195 foot goal in hockey to Robbie Bina, the longest goal in college hockey history). Hell, look at Andreas Raelert, who made a crucial error in the 2010 Ironman that allowed Chris McCormack to seal his win. And he made his mistake at mile 139! People make mistakes.

November and December were pathetic. I'm not even going to try to recap my workouts, because they were so infrequent and non-existent. Furthermore, my diet went to utter and complete hell. I let myself down, and I let you all down.

BUT!

My year was not without success. Completing a 1/2 Ironman, cycling a lot, lifting consistently, and working hard MOST of the year makes for, in my opinion, a fine year. Keep in mind too, I achieved a lot in life. I got married, moved, and transferred bases. I achieved a lot this year.

I have big aspirations for 2012. Simple aspirations, but big nonetheless.

And along the way, I'm sure I will continue to realize that I'm a human being. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment