Friday, January 14, 2022

IMLP Check In #1 - Urgh

So I don't think I want to do the weekly check-ins like I did during IMoo training, but I would like to do some updates.

Unfortunately, 2022 is starting off like 2021. Not good. Running has been the marginal bright spot - which is GOOD, because I have a half-marathon coming up - but everything else? Not so much.

I think moving coming up isn't good. 

I think I'm too focused on future worries and it's making it harder to focus on the day to day. Which makes it even harder to get daily stuff done - even house-cleaning tasks, not to mention training.

I do believe as long as I can string together some sort of consistency - even if it's not up to the proper volume - it'll help me until we at least move. My current goal is survive until April. That will give me about three and half solid months to then build more volume and get prepped for the race.

Wish me luck ...?

(And if anyone reading this is SLC-based and has advice for training there - favorite run spots! Favorite places to ride! Pools! (even though that one is probably gonna be the city rec centers) - I am all ears. We're hoping to find a place on the east side ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment