Wednesday, January 5, 2022

December and 2021 Round Up

Oh, 2021. You were worse than 2020. But before I get into that, let's go over December's numbers, shall we?

Swimming: 495.6m (.31 mi)
Cycling: 136.05 mi
Running: 17.95 mi
Lifting: 9 sessions (3:08)
Other: two hikes (2:20), one day skiing (1:45), one walk (1:30), two sessions yoga (:23)

So. Swimming was a disaster. For the month and the year overall. As I've written in here many times, I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop with races, and then post-Memphis, I just didn't want to get in the pool. I started for a while, and then nope. Hopefully the nice long break will be good for me.

The bike ended up being okay this month thanks to Tarsh and the Stomp the Trainer challenge. Signed up for the 250km (halfway) ... and didn't quite make it. I took two days off - one being for the state burning (empathy made my heart hurt) - and had I not done that, I probably could have managed. In any case, nice to get back on the bike.

Running ... is. I started slowly half training by the end of the month so that was good.

As for my 2021 goals ... the only one I really hit was to remain healthy and happy. Everything else kind of got thrown out the window. I'm not even going to rehash them here (if you're REALLY that curious, go here). The year ended up being more athlete friendly (as evidenced by the fact that we had races), but harder in so many other ways. 

For me, it's because I do NOT do waffling, and 2021 was a year of nothing BUT waffling. We knew essentially what was going on in 2020. But 2021? Who knows?! And I don't thrive in that. At all ... as evidenced by my year.

But, even with all the waffling, there were bright spots. I PRed my 70.3 bike in the pouring rain. I can still pull a sub-30 5K out of my butt. And I still decided to sign up for another IM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment