Wednesday, February 2, 2022

January Round Up

If you talk to my boss, January/the winter is actually a terrible time to do resolutions or start something. If you go by the lunar/astrological calendar, we're in a time of winding down. It's winter - we literally want to hibernate and hide under blankets.

We like to get going in the spring and fall - which makes sense.

Or maybe I'm just using all of this as justification for the crappiest January of an IM cycle (... or of a general year) in a very, very long while.

Swimming: 3600m (2.2 mi)
Cycling: 37.35 mi
Running: 31.41 mi
Lifting: seven sessions (2:47)
Other: three days skiing (7:55), two sessions yoga (:30)

Maybe all the extra life stress these days is affecting me more than I thought it would. Stupid moving. I mean, I've had starts where everything went well, and then some weird stress curveball comes out of nowhere and noooope; stopped again.

I've been slowly working my way up to higher swim distances (not that it seems like it here with the three swims I did) and as long as I don't go to the pool with the weird nausea stress headache, I'm not dealing with the swim nausea anymore - my equilibrium has resettled for swimming. So that's a plus.

I did get a mini bike fit (bike re-fit?) that will hopefully help with sitting up more, given that I'm in theory going to be doing all the climbing with IMLP on the docket. I brought it down to Tucson to test it out on an actual hill not covered in snow, but that didn't work (stress levels said no as did the crazy winds).

Running is ... halfway decent. Half training has been a bit of a struggle, but I'm still trying my best. Neither of us are hoping for much in Vegas - 2:30 if we can at this point - but getting through it is the goal.

I'm a bit behind on averaging at bare minimum two strength sessions per week (and I'd ideally like three), but it's close. And getting out and going skiing has been nice, even if we need to do that a touch more, too.

We're done with Colorado at the end of March. We'll be moving in the spring and hopefully at the time when motivation cranks up ... in time to give me about three and a half solid months of work. Let's manifest a good two months (or, at the very least, a BETTER two months) going into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment