Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Six

Week Six: 2.4-2.10

So half-assing the daily most days. Completely being the first thing to go. Still doing it, but I'm modifying it a lot.

Also this week ended up being ridiculous.

2.4

Shorter run today and it definitely was on the shorter end of it. My legs had diddly squat. They finally kind of came around by the end (was only doing around two miles). I went to Cherry Creek State Park to run again since I hadn't been in FOREVER and it was muddy.

I also saw a coyote which is why the run ended up being on the short end. I'm not running when that thing is still in sight. I'm not triggering any prey reflex ...

2.5

I probably in theory should have stayed inside on the trainer and done TimeTrialPalooza ... BUT IT WAS SUNNY AND NICE AND OMG A CHANCE TO RIDE OUTSIDE?!?!?!?! You think I'm going to squander that? No. Not a chance in hell.

IMG_8859

It was outside and it was glorious. In honor of the workout I probably should have done, I did push it. Drove to CCSP and did two park loops and pushed them pretty hard. Best 20 miles so far this year.

2.6

Longer drill swim - 1900; short(!) swim of the week and as much as possible of the old MaccaX treadmill set. Bailed probably sooner than I should have on the treadmill ...

2.7

30 miles on the trainer. Weeeeeeee. Went by pretty quickly, actually ... as quickly as 30 miles on the trainer can feel. Intervals during the Titan Games and then watched Super Bowl commercials (doing intervals while fast-forwarding through the football. And the halftime show. That was a brutal interval).

2.8

Run and swim. The run was my standard easy-harder-easy. It was cooooold but I did it.

The swim was my longest so far this year - 3100. That was a bit ridiculous but I did it. And I instagrammed my butt.

2019_febbutt
Not gonna lie; this took some bravery. But I'm trying to document the process and this is honestly me.

2.9

More concentrated trainer work, also pulling out an old MaccaX set in Over Unders. Went better than I thought it was going to given how long it's been since I'd done this set ...

I didn't count it, but I also did go for a walk that morning at a Skirt ambassador meet up that morning ...

2.10

Woke up and did yoga like two seconds later because oh dear lord my back has been cranky.

A little after that, I went and got my swim (2k) out of the way. I was so dead - it went so terribly. First 2k this year that I added time instead of dropping it (but it was still like second fastest so you know).

However, my long run (7 miles) TOTALLY REDEEMED IT. I did the first 3ish with Brandon and then he peeled off and I finished up at the mall where he met me. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I've been using HR for the long runs and I think it might finally (maybe) be working as this one was actually pretty quick (all things considered and relative). So that made me super happy.

2019_febskirt
From near the end. Also announcing that I'm a Skirt Sports Ambassador again! Click the logo on the sidebar to shop (the skirt I'm wearing here is NEW THIS SEASON) and use the code SSA1079The for 15% off full-price items!

*****

I was a bit destroyed at the end of this week and when I added up the time, it was no surprise. 10:40? Really? I did a 10:40 week in February???? That's a bit ridiculous. And probably a bit overkill. (and the mileage totally eclipsed some months in the past.) But I survived it so yay?

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 7000m, 2:44:11
Bike: 64.03 mi, 3:39:11
Run: 14.55 mi, 2:45:18
Strength: 1:17
Other: :16

No comments:

Post a Comment