Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Five

Week Five: 1.28-2.3

I have noticed that the daily is the first thing I'll modify if I'm just feeling "eh." Which, better that than my regular training?

1.28

Mondays are seemingly ending up as "easier" days lately, and I'm all for it. I finally did one of the other workouts on the Spinervals 23.0 DVD (... as opposed to just the recovery set) - the sprint/power set (set C). B has made me cry every time I've done it and I wasn't in the mood for that sooo ... but it worked well so there's that.

1.29

Steady pace run on the schedule, that could have been on the treadmill, but I took it outside instead. It was cold so the steady wasn't really that ... but whatever.

2019_janrun

Also a swim - a 1400 (up to 2600) set that I did a lot in 2013 IM training and have done off and on over the years since. It's nice for adding in speed work in the pool and this day was the 2nd fastest time ever doing it.

1.30

Either the trainer or outside but since ice still exists everywhere ... inside on the trainer. Took so long for my legs to wake up.

W
e also went downtown for some super simple ice skating.

2019_skating
Still my first love.

1.31

Run and swim on tap. The easy/harder/easy run which was hard - the cold was super rough on my lungs, but I'm thankfully still able to keep the harder part definitively harder.

The swim took some effort, but hey, that's life these days. However, it did surpass last week as my fastest 2k of the month, so there's that.

2.1

I was sooooo hoping for my long ride of the week to be outside; it was not outside. Last time in quite a while that my long ride of the week is only 20 miles. Had some unpleasant foot numbness - cleats? fit? too much time on the trainer? - something to keep an eye out for.

2.2

Long run day - up to 6. A bit icy at times, but otherwise, it felt great. I also got a bonus four mile walk home (ran a mile past the mall and then back; got coffee; walked home).

2019_firstsixmiler
Mid-30s when I started; totally almost overdressed. Trail was fairly empty when I started running at 8:45; super busy when I walked back home at 10:30ish.

2.3

Long swim day! Bumped it up to 2500, with a main set of 7x300. I descended the first five 300s which was AWESOME and totally unexpected. Shoulder definitely felt this, so I'm going to have to watch that.

*****

Definitely feeling the soreness creep in again. It was a lighter bike week and would have been a down week overall had I not had the skating and the walk. I'm still managing to get everything in, but fatigue is definitely compounding some.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 5900m, 2:11:13
Bike: 39.90 mi, 2:23:18
Run: 12.06 mi, 2:21:29
Strength: 1:11
Other: 1:22

No comments:

Post a Comment