Friday, June 8, 2018

Race #5 of the Season: Skirt Sports 5K

... also known as the end of the Skirt Sports Ambassador Retreat, too.

My original plan with this race was to race it. I think in the beginning of the year I harbored hopes of PRing ... but I think my training made that unlikely and then the allergy disaster I went through a week or so ago made me question even racing it. Instead, I decided to pull a BolderBOULDER (and this race last year with the 10K) and find friends to run with instead and have fun.

So that is exactly what I did.

IMG_1055
Pre-race selfie.

I started out with four other people - Erika, Jessi, Noelle, and Kristen - but soon realized we dropped Kristen. Well, no Skirt left behind, so I hung back (and actually went backward on the course) to wait for her to catch up. 

Kristen found, we chatted and ran (and walked) the rest of the way.

skirt_race2018
Over-exaggerating my running stride for Jennifer taking pictures. Or skipping. But probably the former.

Since this race ended up being all about the #fun, I leaped my way across the finish line.

skirt5k

skirt5k2

skirt5k3
Finish line photos courtesy Jen Allen.

Final Stats:
Time: 46:18.5
27/34 division (F30-39)
79/131 overall

Definitely my slowest ever 5K, but like the BolderBOULDER this year, tops in terms of fun.

Afterward, it was time for photos and cake and helping with the 13er turnaround and then brunch.

IMG_1092
Post-race selfie with my race buddy, Kristen.

IMG_1097
With one of the many pieces of Kim and Jake's cake that I ate.

IMG_1101
Selfie with Nicole.

IMG_1105
Emily hula-hooping behind cheering Skirts.

IMG_1170
Cheer tunnel we did for the BOP 13er finishers.

Such an amazing weekend and I can't wait for next year to be able to do it all again!

And maybe actually do the 13er ...

No comments:

Post a Comment