Friday, April 3, 2015

Checking In

Hey all!  I know it's been quiet around here, but there's multiple reasons for it.  It doesn't mean fitness has gone by the wayside though.  No, in fact, we're both seeing an increase in both swimming and cycling, putting in some good miles in March.

The other day, I went out for a 30 mile ride, the longest of the season thus far.  I'm keeping it in Big/18 and feeling little effort, which is awesome.  Proves the trainer is working.  Now I gotta work on the endurance.  I started falling apart around mile 25 on the ride.  Granted, it's uphill to home and I did a bit of urban riding to see T at her new Starbucks, but still, I can tell the endurance has to get there.


As a lot of you know, I use this blog not just as a fitness blog, but a personal blog as well, so be prepared for a bit of what's going on in the Team Baby Dino life here.

The main thing we've been focusing on as a couple outside of training is buying a house. The house buying process has been a long, tiring, stressful process, and that's having a kick-ass realtor and mortgage broker who made the process as stress-free as possible, so I can't imagine what it's like dealing with people who clearly don't give a damn about you. But our realtor, Susie Wargin, has been a saint in this whole process, demonstrating patience and serving in capacities that no realtor should have to do, including psychologist from time to time!  

Seriously, after getting the ball rolling in October, we evaluated over 100 houses online, saw in person probably 25-30 houses, made offers on two and subsequently had both offers turned down (one was an old guy who "had to pay for his sins", and the other was tired of the process and accepted an offer she had previously), and had no idea what the hell we wanted.  After breaking down in a house we saw and weren't ultimately interested in, T and I sat down and made it abundantly clear what we wanted in a house.  I said easy access to bike trails is a must, and she wanted a master suite with a badass master bath.  

So we went to look at house that online, we were both kind of meh on. It was almost a throwaway and neither of us were particularly enthused about seeing it, but once inside, we both fell in love with it.  We decided to make an offer, and it was accepted.  We close on the house April 14th, so stay tuned with that.

With everything that's been going on, it's hard to focus on fitness and hard to make it a priority, but somehow, we are managing with that too.  For me, I'm loving being back in the water, feeling my shoulders pop and expand with swimming.  I've built my endurance back up to the point where a mile is no big deal again.  By the end of this month, I'm hoping to be swimming 3K again.

There's the update on my end.  I'll be blogging more this month - stay tuned for some exciting updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment