Wednesday, March 26, 2014

3/17-3/23: Double Swim Week

I want to start out by saying I did actually sit down to write a blog post Monday. I did. I just didn't have anything to say. My head was filled with Ironman thoughts thanks to several MX12 teammates finishing IM Melbourne after a long journey. It made me want nothing more than to do another IM - even though I know it's impossible this year and we're going to stick to that 2016 goal no matter how much it kills us - but I didn't want to write a post just about me whining that I miss IM training and having a huge goal and suffering over the course of a day.

(No, I'll just leave that to a paragraph.)

Instead, I just decided to not blog. Figured it was the better option.

Now that that's out of the way, last week's featured workout.

Last week I had my first double swim week since before the shingles disaster. It wasn't a lot - 1700m between the two - but still! I swam twice!

The first swim was kind of a disaster - had to cut it short due to feeling horribly nauseous - a feeling that ended up lasting until I had to go to bed. The second, though, was much better.

3-23swim
Rocking that TYR Sports swimsuit! With the awkwardly huge selfie arm.

3-23swim2

The bottom picture is the story of a triathlete at the pool. Fins, paddles and pull buoy with my goggles and cap next to my lock and the shoes I wore (and would lift in later on).

Other Week Highlights:
- Three run week!
- Sunday was another three-a-day
- Outside ride

1 comment: