In which we get back into this crap.
Monday, June 24: Off: true day of rest
- While the stretch days are nice, I think physically and mentally, we need ACTUAL rest days. So like today, when we hung out by the pool for a bit, that was nice. Not officially ever taking a day off is ambitious and probably detrimental in the long run.
Tuesday, June 25: Run: 3.2 mi in 32:17.85 - 10:05/mi
- Lone Tree 5K course pre-run
- forgot how much those hills sucked
- 3/12/70 leg curl; 3/10/12.5 bosu bicep curls; 3/10/6 med ball bosu tosses; 3/10 box jumps; 3/10 push-ups; 2/:60 planks
- quick and dirty
Run: 3.37 mi in 31:50.10 - 9:26/mi
- Run CO pub run
- busted a little ass on this - maybe pushed harder than i should
- hot ...
- This was a hell of a day in training. The two runs went surprisingly well - was it that way just because, or did the lift help as well? In any case, GREAT DAY.
Wednesday, June 26: Bike: 11.94 mi in 44:44; avg cad 76; 16.01 mph
- 33.3 mph max
- CCSP loop
- this hurt. a lot.
- I woke up very sore ... unsurprising, given yesterday's THREE workouts. But I got this in, even though in years (hell, months) past, I probably would have bagged it. Especially after my aero bottle bounced off and broke. Boo.
Thursday, June 27: Swim: 1600m in 36:41.74 - 2:17/100m
- 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m
- never got into a rhythm
- MUCUS! stupid mucus
- Had a treadmill workout scheduled, too, but we both decided that it wasn't necessary ... yet. Listened to our bodies on this one ...
Friday, June 28: Bike: 13.83 mi in 41:11; avg cad 93; 20.15 mph
- 38.0 mph max
- MX12 over-unders
- needed something quick
- This day was a disaster in terms of outside schedule factors - work that morning, wedding in the mountains that evening. But very glad I got this in, even though to me, it wasn't optional.
Saturday, June 29: Run: 6 mi in 1:02:56 - 10:29/mi
- Run CO Saturday run
- little slow ... fairly humid
- So damn exhausted when I woke up - really didn't want to be up that early to run - but I got up and I ran. Not the best or fastest, but I got out there, dangit. Amusing side note - later that afternoon, I was wondering what I did to workout - briefly thought I forgot ... and then I remembered oh yeah, you RAN 6 MILES this morning, idiot.
Sunday, June 30: Bike: 19.83 mi in 1:11:40; avg cad 85; 16.6 mph
- 37.4 mph max
- rollers near Aurora res
- legs never, ever liked me during this ride
- This was a rough ride - forgot how hard those rollers are. Still, glad to have experienced it and need to do it again.
Weekly training time: 5:45:21
Weekly training mileage: 59.16 mi
Yearly training time: 107:22:41
Yearly training mileage: 787.98 mi