Monday, August 9, 2010

meep!

So. I was on the RattleSnake Web site today looking up all the pertinent information we'd need for Saturday (namely, what time does transition open, what time do we need to get there, etc., etc., etc.).

While browsing around ... I found this fabulous nugget of information:

This route has ~1250' of elevation gain. Most of that gain will seem to be while you are climbing that last two miles back into the park.

(emphasis mine)

To that I say, "eek!" Well, that, and this is why racing in Colorado can suck, y'all. I doubt you Minnesotans get rides like that.

I'm not going to lie to you guys; I'm scared for Saturday. We did our longest OWS ever yesterday and put in 1600 yds at the res which is just shy of what we'll be doing this weekend (though our swim didn't have a random run on the beach in the middle). It was hard. I was crying throughout the entire second half ... but that was more due to frustration with myself/Brandon's swim/other random crap.

I will race on Saturday. It will be extremely interesting to see how it goes as it'll be our first distance at this length. I've stepped up my game this year and, as always, am convinced my training wasn't enough. In past years, in the sprints I've done, it probably hasn't been much of an issue. This year, though, I don't know if I'll be able to fake my way through. Hopefully I will, though, as I don't have much other choice.

1 comment:

  1. Stay positive!! I'm a horrible hill climber so reading that made my cringe :-P And no, what Minnesota calls "mountains" are just hills compared to where you are. Good luck and be sure to report in on how it goes!

    ReplyDelete