July. It was a rebound month.
We all know how awful my June was in terms of workouts. I'm not going to rehash it here, but July was my chance for drastic improvement and a chance for me to get back into the game with my first triathlon of the season. Let's take a look at some highlights and lowlights of the month.
First, the highlights of the month:
- cracked 30:00 in the Lone Tree 5K (yes!!!!!)
- completed my first tri of the season, finishing with a very respectable time of 1:42:48.7
- watched my swim times get better and better
- completed an 8 mile run for the first time in my life
- adapted to life on the road, including finding ways to swim in crappy hotel pools
Now, some things that didn't go so well:
- didn't do any yoga :-(
- STILL not lifting as much
- didn't run as much as I wanted to, or cycle as much, in terms of miles, anyway
So...let's move on to totals for the month:
Swim - 9
Run - 7
Cycle - 7
Brick training - 1
Triathlons - 1
Walks - 1
Lift - 2
Off days - 6
I'm very satisfied with the month for the most part. Aside from completing my first tri of the season, I have seen a lot of growth in the swim department. My last open water swim was my fastest of the season and I felt really good doing it. I completed an 8 mile run the other day, which is the longest distance of the season for me, and again, it feels really really good. Even my cycling is getting better, at least the hills are.
On another note, our friend Kris is looking for votes on theknot.com. Her and her fiance are in a contest sponsored by The Knot which will earn her a bunch of goodies if she wins. So please go vote here! Help Kris earn what she deserves!