Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Random Cycling Post

Went out on a bike ride today. Haven't been getting on the bike too much lately and I wanted to remedy that. Since I had the day off, I decided to drive to the Platte River trail for some mostly flat (well, as flat as this state can be) riding.

It was rough. I can tell I haven't cycled as much this year because it hurt and hurt quite a bit ... and it was a shortish (though longest this year) ride! Stopped at my turnaround point and at Hudson Gardens (bladder relief) ... fought some wind (my lungs hurt) and the weird, weird weather. Seriously, I was on the bike actually pedaling for just over 40 minutes and I swear the temperature varied between 55 and 70 degrees. No joke.

Still, a few perks:
- longest ride yet this season (woo, a whole 11.19mi)
- kept a good cadence (91 avg)
- speed wasn't as bad as it could have been given everything (16.43 mph avg)

However, I don't want to do most of my rides on the Platte. Most need to be on the C-470 trail ... which is hilly mchilly. I think I also need to get on the stationary bike and just spin as well as lift, lift, lift.

Good thing my first tri is still about two months away and RattleSnake is in three.

No comments:

Post a Comment