Friday, May 20, 2022

IMLP Check In #3 - Eh

I had it on my to do list to write a training update, so here it is.

I have nine weeks to go. That is not a lot of time. Training has ... been a struggle. 

There are a few positives:

- my mental game is strong. IMLP may be ugly, but I know I can do it.    
- I did the main loop of the IM St. George course while I was there cheering and while I was slow AF going up the wall, it wasn't all that horrible, and people I know who have done both said the hills were worse at St. George - just longer at Lake Placid. And that Placid is more comparable to Coeur d'Alene, and I did well on that bike course.
- I have been doing long-course endurance sport for a long time (11 years; 9 if we just want to count the 140.6 distance), and the body has a looooong memory.

That all being said, do I need to put in a lot more work? One thousand percent yes. I sketched out the next nine weeks, planning every single day (since, after our move, we don't really have any plans aside from being around for deliveries). It's a lot of work, but I know I don't really have another choice but to try to put in as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment