Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Training Update

... I know I never do these anymore (save the monthly recaps) ... but what with the crazy COVID-19 times we're living in, I figured I'd jump on the probable bandwagon of blogging about dealing with this shit.

My training update is ... I'm really kind of not. I had a good week at the beginning of March. Then we went on a tiny weekend trip that ended up being stressful so we took a small break as we had a ski vacation planned. We did that, using up the last days of our four-pack ... and then got down the mountain to an uncertain world.

We/I didn't manage to swim the few swims I had scheduled late last week and I had a feeling that I should probably get to the pool on Monday, but I didn't ... and now who knows when I'll be able to swim again.

The only thing that really bums me out there is that my at least 10k a month swim streak dies. I had it going for 15 months which is crazy awesome for me. But alas ... it is dead. Unless I want to try to brave the reservoirs around here which ... no. I'm not that strong.

We're still allowed outside, but it's been so mentally tough to get out for either a ride or a run. B and I managed last weekend, but it was a bit rough. I am fortunate enough to have an indoor cycling set up if I so choose it ... and I'm not doing it.

I am, however, still sticking with my TIU daily workout because I think it's so ingrained in me by this point. At the beginning of this month, I decided to try and add a little extra in each day as well (so if it's arm day, add in a few extra arm exercises), which I think was a good idea. The actual in-app workouts (that aren't just the daily moves) are free right now thanks to the shitshow that is our world, so I may try some of those as well. I have at least done one of the meditations and it was great.

The other thing that I think is relatively fortunate is that except for a whole bunch of tentative stuff on the schedule (random running races that I penciled in like hey, maybe I'll run this), I have no serious races until August in Boulder 70.3 (oh I'm doing that. I think I mentioned it.). At this point, who knows if it'll still go on, but I'm thankful I don't have to worry about it ... yet.

In general, we're trying to both give ourselves grace in this stressful time and do what we can, as we can. I guess that's all that any of us can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment