Wednesday, March 4, 2020

February Round Up

At the end of January's round up, I mentioned that motivation had been a problem. It continued on that way a bit into February before I finally ended up sort of getting my shit together mid month. Read on ...

Swimming: 13500m (8.39 mi)
Cycling: 123.23 mi
Running: 24.89 mi
Lifting: 29 sessions (5:33)
Other: one session skiing (4:30), two walks (1:30)

I sort of started to move out of my early month funk ... but then I had a crisis in terms of race direction. I sorta kinda thought I'd maybe race IM Lake Placid this year - we'd briefly talked about it late December - but then it never got brought up. B wasn't super happy about it in the first place so I thought that him not mentioning it was a sign.

It ended up being that he actually just totally forgot about it (... communication: rarely a problem with us but sometimes ...) and in discussing it, if I'm going to race an IM, I want to do it right, and I don't think I could have done that with Placid this year.

Once that maybe possibility was out of my brain, I needed to find different direction as 70.3 Memphis is a looooong way away.

So, I sat down and wrote out a tentative race calendar and then the weekly long workouts I would need to get there. I threw a couple possible early(-ier) season 10 miles/half-marathons on there (if I run them, great; if not, I'll have at least gotten in the mileage) and we compromised on me adding in another 70.3 which means I'll do Boulder again.

As for what that meant for monthly numbers ... I'm glad swimming is staying over 10k. I had some extremely frustrating moments with swimming this past month and a few possible baby breakthroughs. The bike continues to be a bit of a struggle, but I think as long as I can get outside more in March, it will improve quite a bit. I'm bummed that it was a down running month, but I may have had a tiny breakthrough there, too (spoiler alert for Friday).

I'm glad to be continuing with the daily workout as well as getting in some other activities. We're really enjoying skiing and that will show up again at least once in March. I'm hoping to do a bit more than that, however, especially as the weather starts turning spring-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment