Friday, January 26, 2018

An Ode to Skirt

As a fun thing this year for being a Skirt Sports Ambassador*, we get to do challenges to earn fun things. So, you might see a teensy bit more Skirt-related things on here. Don't worry, I won't spam you, because selling isn't my style. Besides, if you've been following for any length of time, you know I've been wearing Skirt for ages and ages - way longer than I've been an ambassador.

Free Verse Skirt


When your first Skirt

Is not actually a skirt
But a shirt
It seems like it might be
Impossible
For a collection to grow.
But.
Alas, no. It is entirely
Possible,
For I am
Proof positive that it
Can.
Silly, really, how a
Simple race shirt
(thanks 2007 Tri for the Cure)
(my first tri, by the way)
Can start an
Obsession, just due to knowledge of a 
Thing that
Exists.
Silly, really, how a need to feel
Pretty can grow into a
Spiritual Movement, or
At the very least,
Sisterhood.


first_skirt
The race tee in question.







* As an ambassador, I get a discount. As an ambassador captain, I get a tiny allowance. As the new ambassador year rolls out, I'll get a new discount code to share, which, if you use it, will end up being good for me. Somehow. Not sure of details yet. And good for you, because you'll be in super comfy Skirt. And if you're a male of the species? They make stuff you can wear too. Like the super soft neck gaiters they make in collaboration with BoCo. The husband loves his and wears it proudly.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! It truly is a spiritual movement. Delusionally optimistic, as Dr. James said!

    ReplyDelete