Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Tucson Ride

I was going to post this yesterday, but since Brandon blogged twice (!) yesterday (go check it out!), I decided to publish today.

Back in early April, Brandon and I headed down for a teeny tiny Tucson trip. It was ostensibly to go buy wetsuits, but we didn't take into account the fact that inventory would be depleted from the TriSports birthday sale. Oops. The ones that were available in our size? Well ... not a fan. The search continues ...

While we were down there, we also rented bikes (QRoo CD.01 ... *drool*) and went for a ride around the Tucson metro with Seton Claggett, a.k.a. head honcho of TriSports. He took us on a new path that connects the entirety of the city - you can do a 90 mile loop around Tucson! How cool is that? - with a climb up Starr Pass and A Mountain. 

It was super fun. We didn't stop (besides lights) except near the top of A Mountain so I didn't get too many photos, but I did get a few:

tucson
My bike, Brandon, and Seton looking out over Tucson.


tucson2
Me with the A behind me.


tucson4
The three of us.

I texted my dad while we were up there - he grew up in Tucson - and he thought it was super cool that we rode up there. I was personally happy that I managed the climb okay ... but on the way down, realized my awesome descending skills don't really apply when the road is super twisty. Things to work on ... maybe.

Great little break in the sun and we need to hop down there again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment