Wednesday, December 23, 2015

November Round-Up

Wow, I haven't touched this thing in a while. I blame this time of year. I have a lot of shit to get caught up on here - four race recaps, a monthly recap (soon to be two) - and will soon have more crap to talk about too. First things first, even though it's out of order, my November recap. Onward ...

Swimming: 4900m (3.04 mi)
% to goal: 42.7%
Cycling: 198.36 mi
% to goal: 33%
Running: 12.26 mi
% to goal: 52.9%
Lifting: five sessions (2:05)
Other: one stretching session (:07), two yoga sessions (:31)

As I said in the October recap, I was hoping to try to do Turbovember (on the bike (technically trainer) every day in November). It went great ... until it didn't. Managed 19 straight days and 22 out of 30. 

I like that idea in theory; the problem was, I felt like a lot of the sessions were just ... pointless. Getting on the bike to just get on the bike doesn't really make me a better cyclist. I think that's why I never bother with those specific streaks (unless it's just MOVE EVERY DAY. I can do those). I also didn't like how it essentially pushed everything else to the side. Bike - priority number one. Everything else - if it can get squished in (it didn't). 

December has been a lazy month. Oh wait; not lazy, restful. While I may not necessarily have put this body through the mileage it has seen in the past, it has been stressed (move, DNFs, internal pressure) and ... it needs a break before next year. It is telling me to rest it, so I am. This time of the year is stressful enough without me trying to force workouts in. Next year, different story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment