Thursday, July 17, 2014

Update: NOT DEAD

... I mean, that's a good update, right?

I've been training. Sort of. I know, I have a race Sunday. It lurks in the back of my head, but it still doesn't prod me forward.

I sit, stagnant. I run - a little. I bike - enough so my legs remember how to pedal. I swim - not nearly as much as I should. I still lift somewhat, though it's trying to fall off the cliff, much like everything else has.

Brandon's been in a funk much of this year - work-wise and training-wise. It's not my story to tell, but it's been a rough balance when he's home. I want to spend time with him - because we don't seem to have a lot of it together, but I also want to train. I'm not going to force him to, but then I sacrifice for him. 

This year is NOT a wash. Not yet. It won't be as pretty as maybe I was hoping it to be, but it is not a lost cause. I will not let it be yet. 

Even if I'm already dreaming and planning for 2015.

Survive this year. That's all I need to do. Vegas Half-mar goal is still a definite possibility. I can use that to keep me going. 

Just keep moving. That will be enough. It has to be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment