Also weeks 14 and 15 of IMAZ training. Everything is ramping up which makes me forget blogging. I also am so unbelievably tired all the damn time ...
Monday, September 30: Bike: 45.2 mi in 3:02:12; avg cad 76; 14.9 mph
- 27.1 mph max
- CC trail to Platte and back
- so bored with this route
Run: 1.98 mi in 20:32 - 10:22/mi
- off the bike
- felt surprisingly good
- Ride was supposed to be 55 - cut it short due to feeling nauseous ... and we were losing daylight. Trails around here are boring and not getting it done in terms of mileage - gotta figure something else out soon ...
Tuesday, October 1: Off: tired, busy ...
- ... really no GOOD excuse. Well, kinda - lunch made us vomitus. Does that count? Otherwise, we didn't have a whole hell of a lot of time ...
Wednesday, October 2: Swim: 3400m in 1:21:30 - 2:24/100m
- 12x50m, 3x(24+25 + 200), 4x100m
- paddles and pb for wu and cd
- legit threw up in my mouth a little during the warm up
Bike: 25.27 mi in 1:20:00; avg cad 94; 18.95 mph
- 31.6 mph max
- MX-12 the Bank - except for borrowing set
Run: 1.05 mi in 9:38 - 9:10/mi
- mile loop and a little extra
- off the bike; strides in 1st half-mile
- Other than the pukey, the swim felt great ... except for random chafing due to my hair, maybe? Not happy I couldn't complete the Bank, but I know it's a hard mf'ing set. The run? Awesome. I feel so much stronger it's unbelievable.
Thursday, October 3: Swim: 2000m in 50:39.70 - 2:32/100m
- up, got it done. bam.
- Was supposed to ride, too, but way too exhausted after work. This made me happy I'm not a 9-to-5'er.
Friday, October 4: Run: 11.04 mi in 1:51:59 - 10:08/mi
- Run CO and back
- high-30s ... it got cold suddenly
- I also got snowed on
- Knee is giving me shit again, which I REALLY don't like. Needs further research. Other than that, pleased with this run. I definitely function better in the cold when running.
Saturday, October 5: Swim: 2000m in 50:37.50 - 2:32/100m
- no clue how this was 2 sec faster than Thursday
- every second of this a struggle
- I knew I wouldn't have time for 4000, so I figured I'd get in as much as I could. This was the result and I had to mentally pep-talk my way to this much.
Sunday, October 6: Run: .63 mi in 6:52 - 10:53/mi
- for the marathon
- got halted
- definitely more, but we'll count this
- plus periodic running
- dtown St. Paul and DIA
- Didn't get in the run I wanted, but still stayed mobile and cheered Lindsey on, so I'm ultimately okay with it.
Monday, October 7: Swim: 2800m in 1:07:28 - 2:25/100m
- 4x100, 6x(25/25, 50/25, 25/25, 100/25), 3x200
- shorter, but still kicked my ass
- nice variation
- Definitely a new type of set which is nice; surprised at how short it is for this point in training, but it was good. Rough, but good.
Tuesday, October 8: Bike: 22.64 mi in 1:23:57; avg cad 85; 16.18 mph
- 26.4 mph max
- Spinervals 22.0 - TimeTrialPalooza
- crotch not happy
Run: 1.58 mi in 15:07 - 9:34/mi
- up and down DTC Blvd
- right off the bike
- testing out new shoes!
- Took so long in the day to get this done, but glad I did. Checked on new shoes - Triumphs are toast. More on order. Trying out Wave Riders in the meantime since everyone told me I should not still be running in my other ones. Bike ... meh. Run? Surprisingly awesome, once again.
Wednesday, October 9: Swim: 3600m in 1:29:49 - 2:30/100m
- sfw RIGHT beforehand and no ill effects
- LOVED this set
Run: 5.35 mi in 48:55 - 9:08/mi
- MX12 - treadmill - intermediate
- essentially swim/run brick
- 1/3 piece marble loaf in between
- Days like this make me love training. Rocked both sets. Proved I can do a super huge swim and have plenty of energy after. Woo!
Thursday, October 10: Bike: 21.58 mi in 1:15:02; avg cad 93; 17.26 mph
- 26.7 mph max
- cadence spinning w/ varying gearing in front of the TV
- figured the act of spinning more important than intervals
- Better bike session. Simple, focused ... no regrets on not doing more specific intervals.
Friday, October 11: Run: 6.39 mi in 1:04:27 - 10:05/mi
- home to Run CO
- tried to take this easy ...
- WALKED ONCE!!
- Killed the hills on this run - no idea how the eff that happened. Thank you run, for coming along.
Saturday, October 12: Bike: 83.33 mi in 5:26:55; avg cad 78; 15.29 mph
- 28.1 mph max
- various trails to Golden and back
- food: cinnamon roll, 2 candy corns, Jimmy Johns mid-ride, apple pie bonk breakers
Run: .98 mi in 10:19 - 10:31/mi
- off the bike
- forced ourselves to go slower
- Starting to get this nutrition thing down. Long ride was long. And partially painful. And cold. First .43 mi of that run a 9:20/mi - holy eff.
Sunday, October 13: Run: 16.02 mi in 3:02:31 - 11:23/mi
- random, giant loop
- overdressed. killer hill at mile 8 that ruined me
- Slower than I would have liked, obviously, but I managed the first half okay and it was a LOT hillier than I'll have to deal with in AZ.
I find it kind of amusing that I can handle the huge weeks better than the small ones. I've been having some amazing training sessions and I've been learning a ton:
- I know I can get out of the water with energy to spare now.
- I know I can run off the bike and run off the bike relatively well.
- This past weekend I FINALLY did the long ride/run on the proper days and I learned that while yes, the fatigue in your legs is real and awful, I can manage it (as long as I don't have sustained half-mile climbs. ugh).
- I know that while my swim won't be fast, it is, at this point, as solid as it's going to be and as long as I can make peace with Tempe Town Lake, I will make the swim cut.
- I know that the run might be ugly, but I have a chance at finishing it with a halfway decent time.
- While I have not been happy with my speeds on any of the major long rides this year, I can take solace in the fact that my average speed has actually increased on each major ride (14.53 to 14.7 to 15.29).
In other words, my body is backing my brain up. I have never said "if I cross that line;" I've always said "when I cross that line." I made it a mental game early on, but I can't lie to you and say that I've been confident this whole time. However, the past two weeks have shown me that physically, I am (becoming) capable of this insane feat I thought of doing two years ago and signed up for last November.
Week 40 training time: 11:09:01
Week 40 training mileage: 89.77 mi
Week 41 training time: 16:04:10
Week 41 training mileage: 161.95 mi
Weekly combined training times: 27:13:11
Weekly combined training mileage: 251.72 mi
Yearly training time: 227:31:21
Yearly training mileage: 1942.19 mi