Friday, March 1, 2024

February Round Up

For the most part, February was an improvement over January. And that's all I can really hope for these days, isn't it?

Swimming: 4500m (2.8 mi)
Cycling: 52.98 mi
Running: 26.06 mi
Lifting: eight sessions (3:05)
Other: five sessions hockey (4:54), three days skiing (8:40), ten walks (5:21)

The good news is, the improvement came even with me essentially taking a week off thanks to getting kinda sick (which is why all the logged walking so as not to have off days).

Swimming was up 500m which isn't much, but for me these days? That is huge.

The bike was up a whole lot which is GREAT. I got outside twice and attempted my usual Miracle ride on 2.22. The trainer is still a struggle, but I'm fighting the good fight.

Running was down a mile, but that's the only thing that was down. Thanks to the hockey, though, I am seeing glimpses of improvement here and there. Which I was hoping for ... since hockey is a way more fun way to get (the benefits of) speed work in.

I lifted twice more than in January. 

Hockey we know is up - and we've officially signed up to play in Germany in September - so that is 100% going to continue to be a thing.

We also finally got up the mountain a bit more. Still need a few more days to feel like we've justified the passes, but y'know. That should come.

March we're hoping for more of the same. I know I'll have a marginal down week the second full week of the month - going to tag along to Atlanta with B so no bike or swim - but I can plan for that, so it's okay. Running is the main thing I need to do this year anyway, and that can happen everywhere, so I think (hope) I should be good. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment