Wednesday, April 5, 2023

March Round Up

... so I thought I was maybe starting to figure my shit out. HA.

Swimming: 600m (.37 mi)
Cycling: 43.36 mi
Running: 22.34 mi
Lifting: five sessions (1:20)
Other: two hikes (:55), three days skiing (8:00), three walks (1:23), two sessions yoga (:20)

The tailbone did derail me for a few weeks ... and is the reason why the half I signed up for is now going to be a 5K I'm going to run with B.

What I also did was hurt a thumb (thought a strain; doc thinks a partial ligament tear) while skiing. Oops. So I've been doing basically shit lately.

I did get to Tucson early in March to go look at the superbloom and I got a few good gravel rides as well as a few hikes. But otherwise ... 

I swam once. I'm also officially in theory not supposed to swim with the hand unless I wear a brace, but eh.

I'm trying to get on the bike, I really am. But ugh.

And running ... well ...

Let's just say I'm pretty sure I'm in the worst shape of my life. Which sucks. Hard. I am doing a mindfulness challenge in the MadFit app for April which will be nice, and I'm maybe hoping to shift to a mid-May half (Dino Half has an ankylosaurus medal - mace tail! my second favorite dinosaur!), so I'm trying to keep with the running. I was considering a late May tri, but the way things are going, I'm not signing up until a week before if I think I'm trained enough. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment