Wednesday, January 11, 2023

2023 Goals

Ha, 2023.

We're a week in and I'm still not working off of a plan.

I am not signed up yet for any races. I'm sure that I want to race the local triathlon that takes place down the street from my house, but I haven't registered yet since I have no idea what distance I want to do yet.

(Part of me still wonders if I even want to race this year, but I also know I need something on the schedule to work towards.)

I have a loose 2024 goal (finally do a standalone marathon) and I'll probably return to the 140.6 distance in 2025, but 2023? Who the hell knows?

I guess my main priority for this year is to get BACK in shape and really take hold of my health as I turn 40 this year. I'm not doing all that terribly, given the state of the average American, but I know I can do so much better.

So there. I guess my goal is that. Turn 40 and become a person that won't need to rely on the system in 5, 10, 20, 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment