Thursday, July 1, 2021

June Round Up

 June was good in some respects and absolutely terrible in others. You'll see which soon enough. Read on ...

Swimming: 3382.88m (2.1 mi)
Cycling: 173.9 mi
Running: 52.27 mi
Lifting: 26 sessions (5:33)
Other: 3 hikes (3:15), one walk (1:00), one session yoga (:15)

As you can probably tell, the swim was absolutely abysmal. Part of that is travel at the beginning of the month and then the gym closed for painting on the 10th ... was supposed to reopen the 14th, actually reopened the 16th ... and the pool is still closed from that. Yes, I absolutely should have found another gym to go to, but clearly ... I didn't. That's a fail on my part and I own that.

I actually did try to swim at our hotel in Utah at the end of the month, but the water was so warm that it was uncomfortable and made me nauseous to do so.

Cycling is a nice improvement over May. I still have a lot of miles to put in this month for Boulder 70.3 panic training, but the rides I've been doing up in Boulder have involved a lot of climbing and have been going fairly well, all things considered. There might be some bike memory still in these legs.

I skipped a few more runs than I'd like this month, but 50 miles is still really decent for me and it's the one sport I feel like I'm still on track with.

I kept up with the consistency of the daily strength until the end of the month, but I'm officially caught back up there, so let's hope that sticks again. It's obvious that hiking season has returned and I am all for it in every way.

Now ... to ramp it all up (especially swimming and biking) so I don't die in my 70.3 in August. Although ... I have already gotten in more of everything than I did the entire year of 2011 which, if you recall, is the year of my first ever 70.3. So I've got that going for me.

The other thing in July ... I actually put a 5K on the schedule. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment