Friday, November 2, 2018

October Round Up

Still not racing. Still apparently just doing these. Kind of wondering if it's even worth blogging.

Meh. Although I enjoy this if it's read, I really started this more for me, you know?

Maybe. Maybe that's another lie I keep telling myself.

Onward!

Swimming: 3800m (2.36 mi)
Cycling: 95.33 mi
Running: 40.65 mi
Lifting: 12 sessions (2:48)
Other: one hike (:30), one game hockey (1:00), one walk (:45), two yoga sessions (:32)

Did not even come close to hitting my swim goal. The pool has been a struggle and a half lately. I've even gone so far as to ask for accountability from the world of social media. So, if you follow me on the Instagrams (@tgeist23), and you haven't seen some picture of a pool in my stories in a few days and I am very clearly not traveling somewhere ... please please pleasepleasePLEASE yell at me. Kthx.

I for some reason thought my cycling goal was 150 mi (since I guess I changed it to 100 in my planner but couldn't tell). If I had remembered that it was 100 ... I totally would have forced myself on the trainer for a small ride to hit the stupid 100 miles.

Running ... it took until the last day, but I hit my 40 again.

Hiking really hasn't been a thing thanks to weather and life and ... whatever, but I did get a small one in. More importantly, we actually played an actual game (well, drop-in) of hockey for the first time in either 8 or 9 years! And we didn't die! And we'd in theory like to try it again!

******

I don't know why October got so rough. Or why it was so hard to hit the pool. The end of the month went downhill thanks to me getting sick - we babysat my niece and nephew and the little germ factories put me down for the count for a few days. I'd been successfully running every other day since ... mid-August, I think? ... and I actually missed two this month thanks to feeling like death.

I let myself take it easy, though, and take the mental break, hoping it'll help get me through the end of the year.

As I mentioned last month, I have no specific monthly mileage goals from here on out. All I want to do is hit 100k in the pool (~34k away), 1000 mi on the bike (~ 200 mi away), and, if possible, crack 400 running (~80 miles away). All are doable ... even with the planned travel we have in November. The first is probably the hardest to do, but it just requires some focus.

I may toss in a random 5K or two as well, but also maybe not. We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm also doing a lot of work planning for next year, since it's going to require quite a bit of it.

Hopefully see you here again before December but if not ... well, I'll be here to tell you how this month went.

No comments:

Post a Comment