Thursday, July 23, 2015

Cheering at Peak and More: Catching Up

It's really been three weeks since I've posted? Geez ... 

I've been training. I was supposed to have been racing (70.3 Muncie, July 11), but due to losing so much training with the house, we scrapped the race, unfortunately.

We rode the 105 down in Sedalia and saw a fitting sign due to the jersey I was wearing.

6-18ride

I participated in Bike to Work Day (and thankfully only worked a short day as there was horrible, awful flooding on the very paths I took to work) and Brandon joined me for both trips.

btwd
Mmm, pancakes.

btwd2
Fork? I don't need no stinkin' fork!

I don't have pictures from it, but a fun little perk for being a Skirt Sports Ambassador is that I got to be one of their real woman models! None of my photos have appeared on mailings/their website yet, but if I see one, I'll post it here. Because dude.

A side perk of not driving to Indiana to race 70.3 Muncie was being able to cheer on a colleague of Brandon's, Mark, on at his first ever triathlon - Boulder Peak. For it being his first tri - and on a hard m-f'ing course, too - he pretty much rocked it.

peak
Talking pre-race.

peak2
Possibly my new favorite picture of Mark.

peak4
Artsy beach shot.

peak5
All ready to go!

peak6
And he's off!

peak7

Swim swim swim ...

peak8
And he's out of the water.

peak10
On to the bike.

peak12
TriSports.com teammate Liz on the bike.

peak13
Awards.

peak14
Done with the bike.

peak16
"This is f'ing hard." Also: it is not normal for one's hair to look THAT good after swimming and biking ...

peak17
Liz almost done with the run.

peak18
Brandon running a tiny bit with Mark.

peak20
And another triathlete has joined our ranks.

Like all of us, he thought it was horrible, hard ... and can't wait for his next one. We have plans of coercing him into doing Boulder 70.3 with us next year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment