Sunday, October 5, 2014

Patience

Today I did an 8.5 mile run, which went really well.  I'm dramatically increasing the running, and the body and mind are responding.  I'm feeling like I'm making good gains, and that my Vegas goals are in line.

What's hard for me right now is patience.

For those who know don't know me, I tend to be impatient.  I'm that guy who is tapping his foot when I'm held up for whatever reason, looking at his watch, etc.  Maybe it's my nature as a pilot.  I don't know.  What I do know is that on long runs, where I'm holding back as much as I can, is I want to go faster.

It's an exercise in patience.  Dial it back, force yourself to go slower.  Gains are made in the LSD runs as much as they are on the track or treadmill.  

The other point where I'm forced to exercise patience is in the shape of my body/my weight.  Yes, I am starting to lose the lumpiness I've gained over the past year and seeing gains there.  But not as quickly as I'd like.  I'm forced to remind myself that I didn't gain the weight overnight, and I won't lose it overnight either.  Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment