Monday, August 20, 2012

Turning 29

Welp, it finally happened.  I turned 29.

I know a lot of people freak out when they approach the age of 30.  I've read and heard the reasons why.  They haven't accomplished enough, they realize the youngest years are behind them, and blah blah blah.  

I'm not freaking out.

I've accomplished a lot in my 20's.  I graduated college.  I got my first "real" job.  I rediscovered my love of being an airline pilot.  I met my best friend and now wife.  I got back on the fitness bandwagon and have run two half-marathons and completed a 1/2 Ironman.  I moved multiple times, setting in Colorado.  I was forced to grow up very quickly, and more than once.  I got my finances under control.  I became smarter and more educated, and not all of it in the classroom.  I have dreams of owning my own business.  I saw new places and had new experiences.  I donated to a political cause for the first time.

Simply put, the 20's, while having ups and downs, I'm not sad at what they brought.  

I have one more year left.  I do not plan on wasting it.  And I actually look forward to embracing my 30's.

No comments:

Post a Comment