Friday, May 20, 2011

6.16

After a few miserable days here (rain! hail! clouds! no sun!?!), we finally got a nice sunny morning. Or, I should more aptly put, I got a nice sunny morning, as Brandon's flying. Anyway, good thing, too, as I had a long run scheduled for today.

Of course, since Vegas training, we've been laaaaaazy, so said long run was six miles, but y'know.

It's somewhere in the high-40s and I considered wearing short sleeves (you dress for mile two, remember), but at the last minute I chickened out and went long-sleeved. And in mostly all black. Within mile two, I was thankful for the long sleeves because I was going into a headwind and it was COLD. Right before the 5K point of the run, though, the sleeves had been rolled up. Live and learn.

Finished 6.16 miles in 1:04:50 for a 10:31.49/mile ... which, if you harken back to last year's BolderBOULDER, is about a whole two seconds faster per mile. Which means, even though that this year's BB10K is not an A race in any way, shape or form, I still might be headed for a PR. So yay. :)

Other than that, we are now officially 12 weeks out from IM 70.3 Boulder and training is going ... okay. It'll be better when it's not raining. We're going a little more run-intensive than we should at the start as well due to the aforementioned BB10K, but I think we'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment