Wednesday, May 1, 2024

April Round Up

... is any month good anymore? Things to ponder ...

Swimming: 3400m (2.11 mi)
Cycling: 17.76 mi
Running: 30.11 mi
Lifting: 11 sessions (3:33)
Other: four sessions hockey (4:58), eight walks (3:49), one session yoga (:10)

Tell me if you've heard this story before: the month started off well, I took a trip ... and then everything went to shit. In a new twist, just as things started to look back up again, I got a little sick. Thankfully that was pretty much only a lost weekend, but still.

I really wish I knew why swimming and cycling are so hard for me right now.

Running, thankfully, is starting to come around. All the hockey (that is, sprint work) is finally starting to pay off as I did my first three mile run with NO WALKING for the first time in I don't know how many years.

Strength is slowly starting to come around again which is a good thing and so necessary.

We kind of gave up on skiing for the season since hockey has been our main priority instead (and schedules have been shit for it unless we want to ski on a weekend which is something I do not do), but I'm not mad about hockey being the priority.

And I only missed one walk this whole month ... though I wish I logged way fewer as my only workout of the day.

Obviously I have hopes for May but at this point ... I need to keep surviving. And hope swimming and cycling get easier at some point if I want to have a prayer at even considering going back to Ironman next year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment